This policy applies to the activities of Stepping Out With Carers (also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) in its capacity as data controller as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Stepping Out With Carers is committed to ensuring that your personal data is kept safe, whether you are an attendee, supporter, volunteer or part of our team and handled in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This privacy notice sets out how we collect and uses your data. We ask that you read it carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
This site may collect and process the following personal data:
- Your name
- Your address
- Email address(es)
- Records of when you have exercised your statutory rights under data protection law and our response
The purposes for which we use your informationWe will only use your personal information for the purpose it was collected unless otherwise stated or communicated with youWho else do we share your personal data with?
Your data is not shared with any third parties or individuals outside of our organisation.
Your personal data rights
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used and from whom we collect your personal data when we obtain it from other sources
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about youYour personal data rights (cont)
- The right to request the restriction or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances; and the right to withdraw your consent at any time to those processing activities which we carry out on the basis of consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- The exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require evidence of your identity before we are able to complete your request.What can i do if i have concerns about my personal data?
We hope we can help clarify and resolve any issues we have with you directly, however you also have a legal right to raise a complaint with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). If you wish to find out more about how you can go about doing this you can visit https://ico.org.uk
Keeping your personal data secure
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and/or for as long as we are legally required to hold data in order to fulfil our statutory obligations.We have put in appropriate procedures and policies in place to ensure your data are not accidentally lost, stolen or used without permission.Policy review
Our policy will be reviewed every 12 months
How to contact us